Financial Management Seminar
CREATE A FINANCIAL FUTURE
This power-point plus handout seminar is designed to give students a degree of financial literacy that will get them on the road to preparing for their future. Sadly, there have been a few instances of students getting their first significant paychecks of their lives, who then make significant purchases, take on sizable debt, and then getting laid off. These students need a plan. This seminar provides that.
- Creating an effective attitude or ‘Mind-Set’.
- demonstrates the necessity of saving and investing for one’s future.
- Setting measurable financial goals.
- teaches a strategy for focusing one’s activities to reach one goals.
- Establishing the appropriate bank, RRSP and TFSA accounts.
- structures the necessary accounts for effective saving and investing.
- Budgeting and cash-flow management.
- a disciplined approach to money management.
- Creating an Effective Savings Program.
- Lifestyle tips on saving money.
- Living within your income.
- Good debt versus bad debt.
- A brief overview of our tax system.
- Starting on an investment plan.
- Initial retirement planning.
- for teens and those in their twenties.
- Initial estate planning.
- necessary steps for teens and those in their twenties.
- The role of insurance.
- managing risk in one’s life.
- A ‘Things to do’ Checklist.
- Choosing the right professional help.
- Reviewing one’s progress.
The plan is designed to give students hope and pride in a plan that will help them achieve their life goals in a methodical and conservative manner.