1. Only fully completed application packages will be considered.
2. The recipients will be chosen by School District 23 teaching staff.
3. Once the application has been approved the student will be notified.
4. The maximum amount of scholarship will be up to $1,000 for the first year tuition fees of a local student attending any accredited Canadian post-secondary institution for a full year program. For a list of accredited Canadian post-secondary institutions, please use the following weblink to the Canada Revenue Agency website that lists all Canadian registered charities.
5. Scholarship winners will have until August 31st. of the year following his graduation year to exercise the scholarship.
6. The winners will be announced on our website.
7. The winners’ schools will then be notified so that that scholarship winner can be announced at their commencement, graduation or awards ceremonies if applicable.
8. The winner will be required to write and submit to the Gary Bennett Family Fund a letter of appreciation.
9. Along with a congratulatory letter, the scholarship winners will be mailed:
a. a Scholarship Certificate that they can frame.
b. a Certificate of Award from the Central Okanagan Foundation – The student will give this certificate to the registrar any accredited Canadian post-secondary institution to register for their program. Scholarship funds can be applied only to first year registration fees. The Registrar or Designate must complete and return the enclosed Certificate of Award to The Central Okanagan Foundation at the address indicated for payment. It is the student’s obligation to give this certificate to the Registrar or Designate for completion. The institution will then invoice the Central Okanagan Foundation, and the Foundation will pay them directly
306-1726 Dolphin Avenue,
Kelowna BC, V1Y 9R9
10. NOTE: The student will have until August 31 of the year following the awarding of the scholarship to claim the scholarship funds.
QUESTIONS: If you have any questions please contact The Gary Bennett Family Fund by email at: